【楊斌按】 2013年8月29日,美國明尼蘇達州新聞社網站刊登了一則令人震驚的獨家報道,聲稱敘利亞反對派軍隊承認對化學武器襲擊負有責任。這篇報道的作者是美聯社資深中東記者格夫拉克和助手,他們稱敘利亞化學武器襲擊發生地的反對派士兵和當地居民,指責沙特支持的與基地組織有密切聯系的叛軍分支制造了化學武器襲擊事件。
此時正值美國總統奧巴馬即將宣布對敘利亞的重大決策之際,國際輿論盛傳美國總統奧巴馬準備在周末單獨動武,這則消息頓時引起極大轟動和美國網民的訪問量激增,據稱明尼蘇達州新聞社網站不久因超載陷入癱瘓,轉載這篇報道的其他一些網站也出現長時間故障,僅有一些轉載這篇報道的小網站仍能維持運轉。美國新聞網站一般擁有大容量的先進網絡設備,特別是長時間無法修復技術故障的情況更是極為罕見。這不由令人懷疑罕見情況的背后是否另有隱情。
這篇報道如屬實就完全推翻了美國政府對敘利亞動武的合法性,因此,更合乎邏輯的解釋是美國政府考慮到正處在特殊敏感時刻,擔憂網站廣泛傳播這則報道引起公眾反對和輿論壓力,采取特殊封殺手段致使轉載這篇報道的網站長時間陷入癱瘓。但是,美國知道最終無法阻止這篇報道的廣泛傳播,善于揭露美國的俄羅斯新聞社已經轉載了這篇報道。美、英、法和眾多北約國家民眾強烈反對干涉敘利亞,同當年軍事干涉伊拉克、利比亞等國前夕的輿論形勢明顯不同,與近年來俄羅斯媒體敢于深入西方國家傳播截然不同聲音有很大關系。
盡管美國政府依然信誓旦旦堅稱敘利亞政府是元兇,但是, 8月31日奧巴馬公布了推遲動武和尋求國會批準的決定,《環球時報》稱奧巴馬對空襲露出了“怯色”,是否因這篇報道的曝光引起了膽怯和心虛就不得而知了。《紐約時報》稱30日晚上奧巴馬就那定了主意,他將助手召集到辦公室并宣布了讓他們目瞪口呆的決定,這說明某些特殊情況臨時改變了奧巴馬的既定方針。關于敘利亞反對派軍隊承認對化學武器襲擊負有責任的這篇報道,很可能就是迫使奧巴馬臨時變卦的某些特殊情況之一。當然,美國對敘利亞動武的戰爭陰云依然沒有散去,戰爭與和平的前景依然取決于新一輪的輿論較量。
附譯文:
敘利亞反對派軍隊承認對化學武器襲擊負有責任
【美國 保爾·約瑟夫·華特森 】 2013年8月30日
(http://www.infowars.com/rebels-admit-responsibility-for-chemical-weapons-attack/)
敘利亞首都大馬士革郊區的反對派軍隊士兵,在接受美聯社記者戴爾·格夫拉克及助手調查時,透露化學武器襲擊導致大量傷亡的事件,其實是他們運送沙特提供的武器時誤操作所致。
美聯社記者格夫拉克撰文稱他和助手對反對派軍隊士兵及家屬進行了大量調查,許多人承認他們在操作沙特情報部門提供的化學武器時發生了意外事故,結果導致了大規模傷亡事件。反對派軍隊士兵稱他們當時不知道運送的是化學武器,也沒有接受過使用化學武器的適當訓練。一位反對派軍隊士兵說,他們對這些武器很好奇,擺弄時不小心引發了爆炸。另一位反對派軍隊女士兵說,他們未被告知這些是什么武器,也不知道具體的使用方法,萬萬沒有想到這些竟然是化學武器。
格夫拉克還報道他和助手調查了一些敘利亞反對派軍隊的家屬,一位名叫莫內因的人是反對派軍隊士兵的父親,他稱兒子曾說沙特提供了一些奇怪的武器,有許多管子和裝有氣體的巨大瓶子,運送這些武器的沙特士兵名叫阿布·埃維沙。美聯社記者格夫拉克撰文稱接觸的十多個反對派軍隊士兵,都說沙特政府給他們提供薪水和武器。沙特向敘利亞反對派軍隊提供化學武器并不令人驚訝,他們一直竭盡全力支持敘利亞反對派軍隊。不久前國際媒體曾經報道,沙特甚至威脅俄羅斯放棄對敘利亞的支持,否則可能放縱其控制的車臣恐怖分子破壞冬奧會。
如果美聯社記者格夫拉克和助手的報道屬實,意味著美國堅稱化學武器襲擊是政府軍所為,迫不及待打擊敘利亞根本沒有合法的事實依據。美聯社記者格夫拉克享有很高的職業聲譽,他從事中東地區的新聞報道工作有二十多年,還曾經在美國國家公共電臺工作,為英國廣播公司(BBC)撰寫過文章。他對敘利亞化學武器襲擊的調查報道,最早在29日發表在美國明尼蘇達州新聞社的網站,結果公眾訪問量激增超過負荷導致了網站癱瘓。這家網站是美國明尼蘇達州的合法傳媒,《明尼蘇達州郵報》曾對該機構做過專題報道。
奧巴馬政府聲稱即將公布敘利亞政府制造化學武器襲擊的證據,但是,美國政府官員向《紐約時報》記者承認尚未找到這方面的直接證據。美國情報部門的若干官員也向美聯社透露,情報部門尚未掌握表明敘利亞政府有罪的確鑿證據。據美國情報部門截獲的監聽電話顯示,敘利亞國防部在化學武器襲擊發生數小時后,曾驚慌地向敘利亞化學武器部門緊急要求解釋,也表明敘利亞政府并未向軍隊發出過襲擊命令。
美聯社事后與我們接觸證實格夫拉克確系該社記者,但是,這篇報道不是以美聯社的名義發表的,美聯社不會出面證實這篇報道是否是真實的,只能證實格夫拉克是資深記者和可靠的消息來源,曾經為美國公共電臺、英國廣播公司等著名機構撰稿。
Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack
http://www.infowars.com/rebels-admit-responsibility-for-chemical-weapons-attack/
Militants tell AP reporter they mishandled Saudi-supplied chemical weapons, causing accident
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
August 30, 2013
Syrian rebels in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta have admitted to Associated Press correspondent Dale Gavlak that they were responsible for last week’s chemical weapons incident which western powers have blamed on Bashar Al-Assad’s forces, revealing that the casualties were the result of an accident caused by rebels mishandling chemical weapons provided to them by Saudi Arabia.
Image: YouTube
“From numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families….many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the (deadly) gas attack,” writes Gavlak.(back up version #FormatStrongID_17#).
Rebels told Gavlak that they were not properly trained on how to handle the chemical weapons or even told what they were. It appears as though the weapons were initially supposed to be given to the Al-Qaeda offshoot Jabhat al-Nusra.
“We were very curious about these arms. And unfortunately, some of the fighters handled the weapons improperly and set off the explosions,” one militant named ‘J’ told Gavlak.
His claims are echoed by another female fighter named ‘K’, who told Gavlak, “They didn’t tell us what these arms were or how to use them. We didn’t know they were chemical weapons. We never imagined they were chemical weapons.”
Abu Abdel-Moneim, the father of an opposition rebel, also told Gavlak, “My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,” describing them as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.” The father names the Saudi militant who provided the weapons as Abu Ayesha.
According to Abdel-Moneim, the weapons exploded inside a tunnel, killing 12 rebels.
“More than a dozen rebels interviewed reported that their salaries came from the Saudi government,” writes Gavlak.
If accurate, this story could completely derail the United States’ rush to attack Syria which has been founded on the “undeniable” justification that Assad was behind the chemical weapons attack. Dale Gavlak’s credibility is very impressive. He has been a Middle East correspondent for the Associated Press for two decades and has also worked for National Public Radio (NPR) and written articles for BBC News.
The website on which the story originally appeared - Mint Press (which is currently down as a result of huge traffic it is attracting to the article) is a legitimate media organization based in Minnesota. The Minnesota Post did a profile on them last year.
Saudi Arabia’s alleged role in providing rebels, whom they have vehemently backed at every turn, with chemical weapons, is no surprise given the revelations earlier this week that the Saudis threatened Russia with terror attacks at next year’s Winter Olympics in Sochi unless they abandoned support for the Syrian President.
“I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,” Prince Bandar allegedly told Vladimir Putin, the Telegraph reports.
The Obama administration is set to present its intelligence findings today in an effort prove that Assad’s forces were behind last week’s attack, despite American officials admitting to the New York Times that there is no “smoking gun” that directly links President Assad to the attack.
US intelligence officials also told the Associated Press that the intelligence proving Assad’s culpability is “no slam dunk.”
As we reported earlier this week, intercepted intelligence revealed that the Syrian Defense Ministry was making “panicked” phone calls to Syria’s chemical weapons department demanding answers in the hours after the attack, suggesting that it was not ordered by Assad’s forces.
UPDATE: Associated Press contacted us to confirm that Dave Gavlak is an AP correspondent, but that her story was not published under the banner of the Associated Press. We didn’t claim this was the case, we merely pointed to Gavlak’s credentials to stress that she is a credible source, being not only an AP correspondent, but also having written for PBS, BBC and Salon.com.
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71
FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet
*********************
Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.
This article was posted: Friday, August 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm
Tags: foreign affairs, terrorism, war
相關文章
「 支持烏有之鄉!」
您的打賞將用于網站日常運行與維護。
幫助我們辦好網站,宣傳紅色文化!
歡迎掃描下方二維碼,訂閱烏有之鄉網刊微信公眾號
